Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Nuestros Ahijados-Casa Jackson

                                                             
So along with taking Spanish classes some of the other missionaries found a beautiful organization  opportunity to volunteer their afternoon time. The organization is know as "God's Child Project". "Today, The GOD’S CHILD Project cares for and educates 5,000 orphaned, abandoned, and poverty-stricken boys and girls in addition to providing health and community-based services for 8,700 widowed, abandoned, and single mothers and their dependents in Guatemala, El Salvador, Malawi, and India."

       (This is Merlin, Gilberto, and Gladys)

above:  (This is Merlin, Gilberto, and Gladys)
below:  ( Meet missionary Tiffany or en espanol Estfania)


My friends invited me to join and after hearing their stories, I was so excited to go. They spent time specifically in Casa Jackson, a clinic for malnourished babies. Ahhh! Que lindos! We changed diapers, feed, changed, and just spent time with the babies! What a beautiful experience! I have been a few more times. Through prayer I discerned that at this time it would be more prudent for me to focus on my Spanish at the moment so I may better serve in Honduras, but I wanted to share these experiences with ya'll!


       Say hello to missionary Noelle or Noella

 
 and her husband Curtis, which apparently is very hard to pronounce in espanol so he refers to himself as Curry, which is much easier, or Esteban. ( The name you are given if someone can't remember your name. haha. Genius! We need that in English!)
 

Natalia (me) con Humberto. What a ham! Like any good nurse in an isolation room, let's play with a plastic toy we can wipe off please. haha. Gracias Wolfson's! And it had to be the beach ball!

 
This is the link for more information: http://www.godschild.org/casajackson/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment