Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Daily Life and Logistics at the Finca


 
I first just want to thank all of you for all your prayers. I can truly feel them and I know they helped me so much during my discernment process. While I have known in  my heart for a while that mission life was something God was calling me to, I still can't believe where am I in life, and where I came from. I would encourage you to ask our Lady's intercession in aiding you to truly trust in her son. We can never imagine where the Lord will lead if we are just allow Him!

So I took some pics to try and give you a taste of the Finca. It's hard to describe what you experience here, but here are some things I've learned in my first two weeks:

-We are truly blessed to live on such a beautiful piece of property on the beach. I can hear the waves as I go to sleep:)

-The lights can go out at any time (usually doesn't affect you all that much except if you really need to charge something or in the cement bathroom...so we shower by candlelight:)

-The water can go at any time (usually we keep the pilas full for this reason and bucket showers are actually quite enjoyable...there's so much more water pressure:)

-There's an amazing amount of time to read and spend with people when there you have no TV or cell phone.

-You are able to adapt to things very rapidly. (For example; wildlife here including tarantulas, scorpians, rats, etc.)

- Rats are very intelligent.

-Living in community can be very beautiful, but also very challenging. (I've only heard the latter part through stories so far)

-Reading is a great outlet.

-Children are resilent.

-Hand washing your clothes isn't as bad as I thought. (Mind you I'm only washing clothes for myself.)

-Trying to dry your clothes during rainy season can sometimes be ridiculous. (It took 3 days for my towel to dry)

-Everything molds.
-On time is relative here. A meeting that starts at 12 would not be late starting at 1230, 1, 2 or just not happening.

-Hammocks are one of my favorite inventions.

-The only cereal in Honduras is Cornflakes

-Barefoot soccer is great fun!

-Taking a shower only means that you are clean until you leave the bathroom.

-Honduras is like Florida without the air conditioning. (I am soaked with sweat all day)

-Cold showers are great!

-Peanut Butter is a commodity.

-Clean is a relative term.

Learn to live life in the present!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment