Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Video

So each weekend the houses in the same age group watch video together. I covered video with the teenagers tonight…and man they are movie talkers! Now I happen to be a movie talker as well but heh these teens didn't go more than 2 minutes. Just to be clear movie talkers are the people who can't go more than 5 minutes asking questions or making commentary continuously throughout a movie. The boys chose the movie this week (every week it switches off. Can you imagine only watching 1 movie and week and not even be able to pick it at that!) Anyways it makes for some interesting nights:) Like tonight for example, about 5 minutes into star wars Nelsy states, "no que feo este video." "¿Por quĂ©?" Cesear asked. To which Nesly responded with, "porque me da asco", which literally means because it gives me stomach acid. haha. The boys chose star wars the newer series, but it was only in English. After we got all settled with our Coke and cookies, which I had to call out Daniel for taking 5 instead of one, Wilmer started translating but tired after about 3 minutes. 5 minutes into the movies they were all talking. Riccy, our oldest girl teen had to tell everyone to quiet down because she couldn't hear. Riccy has a very commanding manner without being rude. It's very helpful. I asked if anyone understood what was going on. So then I gave a cliff notes version to catch them up, and about every 5 minutes after that it was, y ¿ahora Nata? ¿q paso? (and now Nata? What happened?) So I began to give brief updates as we went along. I quickly realized that the vocabulary required to explain star wars is not something I possess. I guess between the clinic and day to day conversation I never picked up how to say spaceship or lightsaber…it was quite entertaining. At the end of the movie the boys were trying to convince the girls to watch the second star wars for next week. Guess who's turn it is to pick?!…Nelsy.haha. pobrositos (poor boys). They'll have to wait another week for their series...

No comments:

Post a Comment