Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

First Week at the Finca


 
So we finally made it to the Finca (Farm)! I think all our hearts are so happy to be here! I know for me on the car ride on the way to the Farm all the fears and doubts I had about coming just completely were taken by the Holy Spirit and were replaced with a peace that just filled my heart, mind, and soul with affirmation! It is hard to describe the Farm to someone, but I will try. It is a beautiful piece of property covered with trees right on the bay. In the middle is a beautiful, open-air chapel. There is a big soccer field in front of this. There are 6 houses that run in a circular fashion around the farm occupied by kids and tias (aunts) that are the primary caregivers for the children. The houses are separated by age and sex. The missionary house faces the ocean and I can hear the waves as I fall asleep. There is electricity and running water sometimes. I think when we arrived there was neither! It was beautiful! The whole community has welcomed us in with open hearts!

It has been a busy couple of days. Tuesday was the feast of Saint Therese, patroness of missionaries, Oct 3rd was the birthday of our founder, Vincent Pescatore, and Oct 4th was the feast of Saint Francisco, who was also a missionary, and is a big part of the spirituality of the Finca. We have had fiestas all week! The kids even had a parade around the Finca and a production of the life of Saint Francis!

Please continue to pray for the Finca and the missionaries as we begin to shadow for our new positions. I will be offering for ya'll and please if there is anything specific send me an email. I ask for your patience and understanding as my communication will be limited to every 1 or 2 weeks. Love ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. just wanted to say I love you so much and thinking of you

    ReplyDelete