Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Finca


Hola Family & Friends,

I have lived at the Finca for almost 2 weeks now! It has been so beautiful! It has felt a little strange because these last 2 weeks have been orientation so it feels a bit like an extended vacation. This week we had interviews for our jobs at the Finca. I was the only one of our new missionary class to come in knowing my position. During the interview process there was some competition, Noelle knows a lot of medical terminology. I think what put my over the top was my license :) Beside our primary jobs we also have three smaller jobs. I will be coaching girls soccer with Noelle, helping coach swimming lessons with Laura, and spiritual committee, which helps the sisters prepare the masses and other events.

Living in community, we will also have the shared task of cooking meals, cleaning, while maintaining our own chores like laundry, which is a bit more time consuming in the pila. I will never complain about doing laundry in the states again! haha. Actually I do enjoy washing my clothes pila style, at least for now :)

I am excited to have a purpose at the Finca:) I officially start shadowing Monday.  I hoping to propose a project involving the kids painting murals in the clinic! I'll keep you updated! More stories to come! Thanks for all your prayers! Please keep them coming!

Also because of many requests this is my new address for the next years! Instant coffee packets are always welcome! :)

Finca del Nino-Natalia
Apartdado Postal 110
Trujillo, Colon
Honduras, Central America

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Natalie! It was meant for me to read your post today because today is my laundry day and its my least favorite chore to do. I will be thankful for my washer and dryer today though. Haha! So glad to hear your doing well and I will update staff and continue to pray for you. Love and miss you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing your story Natalie. It's is amazing the things we take for granted everyday. God has great things in store for you. Very proud of you for fulfilling the great commission. Love and miss you too. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete